Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"Celebration" Shabby Mixed Media Card for ScrapBerry's



Welcome to my creative space today! I have a sweet project to share with you today. My darling niece is turning 16, and I created this mixed media card to celebrate her special day. I just adore the gorgeous colors and designs in ScrapBerry's Tropics Collection used for this card.

ScrapBerry's is hosting a family themed challenge during May and June.
Be sure to stop by the ScrapBerry's blog for all the challenge details HERE.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
I've used a combination of ScrapBerry's fabulous paper, fabric, and resin flowers and leaves to create this sweet focal point. A little dry brushing with white gesso softened them perfectly for the vintage feel I wanted to create.

A triple-loop bow is tied with Peach Shabby Ribbon dry brushed with white gesso to add to the shabby appearance, and a polymer feather is tucked in from the Colorful Dreams set. I brushed the feather with gesso before coloring with touches of ink. Bits of Shaved Ice chips and Prills are added for texture. I added background stamping in diagonal corners with the Fairy Tail Stamp. The sweet pearl flourish is from the Happy Holidays 1 Swirl Set.

The Tropics Card paper is filled with lovely sentiments including this Celebration piece which I distressed along the edges and dry brushed with white gesso.

I layered strips of Wind of Travel, Writings Washi Tape on the background paper before adding stenciling and stamping.

One final view.

ScrapBerry’s Supply List:
Tropics Paper Collection ~ Cards (SCB220609407B)
Tropics Paper Collection Set ~ 6x6” (SCB220609408X)

Set of Polymer Items ~ Colorful Dreams (260001031)
Fairy Tale 1 ~ Set of flowers (resin) (SCB25002018)
Pearl swirl Happy Holidays 1 (SCB25002042)
Wind of Travel ~ Craft/Washi Tape - Writings
Shabby Ribbon ~ Peach (SCB510109)
Paper Flowers ~ Rose – Light Pink (SCB280504)
Paper Flowers ~ Daisy - Pink (SCB280307)
Paper Flowers ~ Clove - Pink (SCB280408)
Paper Flowers ~ Set of Leaves - (SCB300603)
Paper Flowers ~ Gardenia 5cm - Cream & Orange (SCB290107)
Daises ~ Turquoise (SCB281407)
Fairy Tale ~ Set of Stamps (SCB4904025)

Other Products
Cardstock ~ White - Stash
The Robin’s Nest ~ Dew Drops
Prima ~ Fair Belle Chipboard #950286
Stampendous! ~ Fran-Tage - Shaved Ice
US ArtQuest ~ Mini Prills - Minnie Pearls
Liquitex ~ Gesso - Clear, White
Prima ~ Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel
Prima ~ Art Basics - Light Paste #961404
Prima ~ Fluid Chalk Ink - Teak Wall
Prima ~ Chalk Edger Ink - Rose Bud
The Crafter’s Workshop ~ Mini Tile Texture - 6x6 Template
Home & Hobby ~ Premium Double-Sided Tape - 1/2”
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Ranger ~ Heat-it Craft Tool
Tim Holtz with Ranger ~ Distress Collage Brush

~ Blessings ~
Tracey


Thanks for stopping by today! I treasure your comments.
~ Blessings ~

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Tracey! Your niece is going to love it!! The papers are gorgeous and I love that the flower cluster matches the colours so beautifully. Absolutely stunning card!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card in pinks and yellow with the shabby chic look. I enjoyed reading the tips and techniques' it's always interesting to see how others achieve their style. Especially like the delicate stamping. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so pretty Tracey, I love the blooms and the triple loop bow is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.