Friday, May 19, 2017

New Mom Shabby Mixed Media Card for ScrapBerry's


Welcome to my creative space!

Our son and his beautiful wife, Rachel, gave birth to our first grandchild earlier this year. I created this card to celebrate her very first Mothers Day featuring ScrapBerry's beautiful Mother's Treasure Collection. I can just imagine sweet Avery playing dress up with her doll in a few short years like the girl on the card. Even though Mothers Day is just past, this sweet card would also work as a baby shower card or to celebrate a birthday or other special event for a little girl.

Please don't forget!
ScrapBerry's is hosting a family themed challenge during May and June.
Be sure to stop by the ScrapBerry's blog for all the challenge details HERE.

FTC Disclosure: I am currently working as a freelance designer for ScrapBerry's. While I am compensated in product, I maintain the freedom as an independent designer to say what I truly think of these products and will not recommend something that I don’t personally use and enjoy.

Tips and Techniques
 
The gorgeous focal flower is a ScrapBerry's Light Pink Gardenia. I've surrounded it with smaller roses from my stash and leaves die cut from scraps of paper then rubbed with green ink to color.

Every card needs a little bling, so I cut up a piece of the ScrapBerry's Wedding 1 Curls set to tuck in around the cluster. I've layered the flowers over a twine bow and a doily inked for a vintage look.

The paper layers are distressed with the edge of a scissors blade, then inked to give a vintage feel. I stenciled diagonally across the card for a touch of soft texture and added a few splashes of white ink.

I hope you've been inspired to pull out your ScrapBerry's products
and find a few moments to create something special.

 ScrapBerry’s Supply List
Mother’s Treasure Collection ~ 6x6 Paper Collection
Paper Flowers ~ Gardenia ~ 7cm Light Pink (SCB290203)
Curls For Wedding 1 (pearls swirl) (SCB250001078

Other Products
Cardstock ~ White - Stash
Doily ~ Stash
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 20mm Open Roses - Ivory/Pale Pink, White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 15mm Open Roses - White
Wild Orchid Crafts ~ 10mm Open Roses - White
The Twinery ~ Gold Simmer Twine
Golden ~ Light Molding Paste
Ranger Distress Ink ~ Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint
Heidi Swapp ~ Color Shine - Gold
Higgins Drawing Ink ~ White
Prima ~ Metal Dies - Leaves
Stampers Anonymous ~ Tim Holtz - Layering Stencil - Flourish
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ~ Crafty Power Tape
Helmar ~ 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

 

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey
    This card is so beautiful and lovely with these lovely papers and flowers!
    Hugs, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey, this is gorgeous.. I love all the roses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. I love ScrapBerry's Light Pink Gardenia. It is a real focal point to your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.